Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Brawny's Pretty Brainy As Well


Well, I have to tip my lumberjack skull cap to them once again.

By now I'm sure you've seen a commercial or otherwise heard about the Brawny Academy. It looks to be a made-for-Internet reality show where Brawny Man teaches eight n'er-do-wells how to be a man (however, since the women in their life sent them, I think it's more how to make them have more characteristics that women want).

I saw the trailer and it definitely looks fun. I'm a sucker for reality TV and it sure sounds better than watching cats lick themselves 24/7, that's for sure.

In any case, this post is not just about Brawny and their interesting forays using the Internet as their more inexpensive way to break out and create interesting content (remember, they were doing this years ago -- check this out), it's about my assertion that TV is no longer the destination, dammit! It's the Internet, stupid!

I know that I'm not the only one saying this, but still, I feel that people just aren't really getting it. The Internet is allowing all kinds of boundaries to be pushed or shattered (or at least experimented with) and it's not going to let up.

Again, it's not always going to be about the Internet that we know and love today, the one that is usually viewable on certain screens in your home office as opposed to the living room. It's going to be delivered entirely differently in the future, sure, but that's not my point. My point is about the storage, and the searching, and the beautiful lack of regulation and the connections and the trackability and the self-selectedness...(pant, pant, pant) Ok... I'm tired now. I'm going to go lay down.

But before I do, heed my warning, you TV/movie producers and you marketers and you advertisers. Don't wait any longer. Get in the inventive/creative Internet content game instead of just repurposing your same ol' TV shows or commercials. You'll learn relatively early and be the best when the rest of the world catches up (btw, it's not that far away).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home