Tuesday, September 05, 2006

9,305 Years of YouTube Viewed So Far


Holy Crap! I love You...Tube. In fact, just over the weekend I've fallen in love with it all over again. I won't go into why, after all, this isn't really a personal blog, so let's just leave it at that.

However, in this great WSJ article about scraping stats (btw, I have no idea exactly how they are scraping. If you know, let me know so I can tell my technology-experimenting-and-hyper-analytical business partner to do it ;)), they discuss all the analysis that's being done on the YouTube audience. Interesting, yes, bladdity blah, BUT, this is the greatest stat: The total time the people of the world spent watching YouTube since it started last year is 9,305 years!

Man. Another interesting tidbit is how they are spending several million dollars' worth of bandwidth every month. Double man. Makes me think we all better get it while it's out there because if the suits don't figure out the business model and start cranking more ad dollars in (or start charging, or something), they may not be around very long.

Oh YouTube, I hardly knew you! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home