Monday, September 08, 2008

New Microsoft Commercial: Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld

I'm sure you've seen the new spot by now. In case you haven't, here it is:



I thought it was VERY interesting and it actually made me watch it again and call my wife over to watch it (where I had to rewind a little to start it over). Sure, it didn't mention Windows. Big deal! I can't believe people are already calling this campaign a failure or stupid (see article talking about this stupidity here).

After all, isn't advertising about first getting someone's attention and breaking through the clutter? This first effort definitely got that. So I'm wondering what the pundits will say when they HAVE to see what's coming next. That's what Crispin has done, created an appetite and a curiosity about the campaign. Like the first season of "Heroes" where we couldn't wait until the next episode, the audience now wants answers to the burning questions in their heads:

- What is the purpose of all this and how does it tie into Microsoft?
- What does Crispin have up their sleeve?
- Will they outshine Apple?
- Will they finally get some cultural currency?
- What will Jerry do next? Will his jokes get better? (we hope)
- Will there be other cameos?
- Will Bill show us his house? Is he really a cheapskate?

Anyway, the point is, this is the stuff that inspires blog rantings and yes, even the stuff that gives long-retired bloggers (such as myself) a reason to pick up a pen... er, keyboard again. Stay tuned. I think it's VERY interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home